2017 Limited Late Model Rules & Specifications
- Competitors should wear fire retardant driver’s uniform and gloves whenever the driver is on the track.
- Window nets on driver’s side or arm restraints mandatory.
- No driver adjustable weight jacks.
- The drive shaft is to be painted white.
- One way driver radios mandatory at all times when on track. If you are caught without radio, it may result in immediate disqualification from event.
- Battery should be mounted safely and securely to meet industry standard positions.
- Snell 2000 or newer rating on helmet
- No aluminum frames are permitted in construction of the car.
- Minimum wheel base of 103 inches tolerance of ½ inch
- Frame rails must be either a minimum of 8 inches in circumference (2×2 box) and have a wall thickness of no less than .080 or tube frame design with main rails of 1-3/4 OD tubing with a minimum wall thickness of .083. Front and rear sub-frames must be welded not bolted to main frame rails.
- A maximum of 25 ½ – inches from the center of the ball joint to the front of the motor plate/engine bell housing flange will be permitted.
- No torsion bar suspension
- 1 spring per shock.
- Roll bars to be a boxed frame, well braced of at least 1- ½ O.D. Steel pipe or tubing, with a wall thickness minimum of .080 DOM steel or .065 Chrome-moly tubing allowing for manufactures tolerance. Driver’s side must have a minimum of four protective sidebars, three protective bars on the opposite side of cage.
- Fuel cell must be encased approved materials. The cell should be located far enough front of the rear bumper and support bars to decrease the possibility of the cell being punctured in a crash.
- Crate motors 602 or 604 2200 lbs.
- Steel head 2400 lbs.
- Aluminum head 2450 lbs. 50 pounds of weight must be added and bolted from the motor plate forward.
- Maximum weight 2800 lbs.
- All weight must be secured by ½ inch or larger bolt. PAINTED WHITE WITH CAR NUMBER ON IT
- 50lb weight break on cars with all oil shocks.
- Engine limited to 360 cubic inches
- No aluminum blocks
- No titanium cranks or rods
- Water pump must bolt directly to block
- 11 to 1 compression
- Flat tappet cams only, no mushroom or roller cams.
- Any steel/SS Valve with 11/32” min. diameter valve stem. Max 2.08” Intake and 1.625” Exhaust. No titanium except for valve spring retainers and locks. Roller rocker permitted. Stock valve guide angle no relocating valve guides.
- Any approved intake other than a smoke ram or tunnel ram. Intake height to be a maximum of 8 inches measured from the top of the carburetor bowl using a straight edge from the bowl to the #3 or #4 runner of the intake manifold.
- No external adjustable cam timing device.
- No needle bearing cam, crank or rod bearings permitted.
- Racing gas or Methanol only, top lube is permitted. Methanol according to Federal Standards of Purity, Grade A or AA. Fuel is subject to testing by Technical Director at any time.
- Person(s) caught with fuel that does not comply are subject to immediate penalties.
- No electric fuel pumps or pressurized fuel systems. No inboard (in driver’s compartment) fuel pumps.
- Maximum of four barrels of carburetion. Single carburetor only. No super chargers, fuel injection or turbo chargers
- Hoosier tires 1300 and harder, American Racers 44 or harder. Tires must be 11” with a maximum circumference of 93”.
- All sidewall markings must remain visible at all times. Tape may be used to cover compounds. However tech inspector may remove tape at anytime to verify compound.
- Maximum width 14” steel or aluminum.
- No knock off wheels.
- All four wheels must have operating brakes.
- No plastic break lines.
- Following all World of Outlaw body rules.
- Maximum 8” high spoiler. 8” spoiler may be lexan or aluminum. Maximum width 72”.